Record of Proceedings
Jefferson County Communications Center Authority
Board of Directors
May 17, 2018, 9:00 am
433 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226
I. CALL TO ORDER
The board meeting of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority (Jeffcom) was called to order by Jon Greer at 9:00 a.m. This meeting was held in accordance with the applicable statutes of the state of Colorado, at 433 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood, Colorado.
II. ROLL CALL
President Jon Greer (Arvada Fire) Present
Vice President Jeff Shrader (Jeffco Sheriff’s Office) Present
Secretary/Treasurer Daniel Brennan (Wheat Ridge PD) Present
Member Link Strate (Arvada PD) Present
Member Mike Weege (EFD) Present
Member Bill Kilpatrick (Golden PD) Present
Member Dan McCasky (Lakewood PD) Present
Member Don Lombardi (West Metro Fire) (Proxy Mark Krapf) Not Present
Jeff Streeter-Executive Director
Kathryn Winn-Attorney with Collins, Cockrel and Cole
Nancy Weiss-Community Resource of Colorado
Amparo Garcia-Revolution Advisor
Jodi Malpass-Operation Manager
Vicki Pickett-Operations Manager
Pat Purdy-IT Director WMFR
Gabrielle Rathfon-Jeffcom HR manager
Amanda Adams- Jeffcom Executive Assistant
III. PUBLIC COMMENT – (Limited to 3 minutes each)
IV. APPROVAL OF RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS
MOTION: It was moved by Dan McCasky and seconded by Link Strate to approve the record of proceedings of the work session for the board of directors dated April 19, 2018.
A. Financial and Budget Update – (CRS) Community Resource of Colorado Ms. Angie Kelly
- April Statement and Update on Expenses
- 3rd quarter invoices are set to go out this week to member and user agencies.
- All insurance for facility cost has been paid.
- We are constantly watching the personnel costs. I’ve not received any money from JCECA to date. We are using the money from member contributions to do payroll.
- JCECA has funded $561,000 to Jeffcom to date. JCECA has 1.6 mil currently and we will start funneling some money over to Jeffcom soon.
B. Executive Director Update – Executive Director Jeff Streeter
- The three new Jeffcom hires were introduced. They will be out of the academy in three weeks and will start training on the floor.
- Last week all 23 agencies were sent a standardized statistic report.
- We are asking for approval of a GIS Analyst position. We have put together a job description and have had legal look at this position. It will be able to help with IT and CAD areas. Salary range is $53,229-$74,538, this is competitive in the Denver area. We are willing to postpone hiring the Deputy Director position in order to allow us to hire a GIS Analyst. Discussion would be to either convert the position or add this position. This will be discussed at length in the Executive Session.
- We are working closely with the fire agencies to address issues that have come up. We are working hard to get responses back and resolve these issues. We will stand up the law enforcement meetings/committee. We had a meeting last Thursday on MDTs. This was centralized on CBI and correct those issues.
- Amparo Garcia presented the Change Management plan from Jeffcom which addressed normal changes that happen in transitions. Highlights: Quick wins, Culture change, organizational structure, Management Alignment, Leadership Development, Cycle of Change (Awareness to Advocacy), Communication and Training Strategies, Influence Systems.
- The board discussed when to send out a survey to employees. The suggestion would be to do a survey after we have done some change management within the organization.
- Sheriff Shrader suggests building an external psychological support into the change management strategy. Chief Brennan recommends that it be someone who is experienced working in public safety change management so it gives what Jeffcom is saying credibility.
- Make sure the agencies are pointing out the positive things going on at Jeffcom instead of just the problems. We are committed to responding and strategizing on how to fix these issues that are coming forth.
C. Legal Update – Mrs. Kathryn Winn
- The MSAs from Arvada PD and Lakewood have been approved and they are getting signatures. We should have that by the end of the month.
D. Program Management Report – Mr. Brian Wilkerson, Revolution Advisors (Jeff Streeter updated in Brian’s absence.)
- The backup center will be set up next Thursday.
- A full timeline will be put together for testing.
- West Metro has given us extra space for growth at the training center.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
A. Should we anticipate the first draft of 2019 budget next month? We have a budget meeting next month for a preliminary budget in July.
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
MOTION: At approximately 10:42am it was moved by Mike Weege and seconded by Jeff Shrader to move into Executive Session pursuant to 24-6-402(4)€, C.R.S. for purposes of determining position relative to matters that may be subject to negotiations, developing strategies for negotiations, and instructing negotiators on hiring and retention options. The motion was voted upon and carried.
MOTION: At approximately 11:25am it was moved by Dan Brennan and seconded by Dan McCasky to reconvene the regular meeting of the Jefferson County Emergency Communications Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
After the Executive Session the board discussed approving the Executive Director to move forward with hiring the GIS Analyst position.
MOTION: There being no further business to be presented it was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Link Strate to adjourn the work session of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
Meeting was adjourned at 11:27am.
Recording Secretary: Amanda Adams- Executive Assistant
This meeting is open to the public.