Record of Proceedings
Jefferson County Communications Center Authority
Board of Directors
April 5, 2018, 9:00 am
433 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. ROLL CALL
President Jon Greer (Arvada Fire) Present
Vice President Jeff Shrader (Jeffco Sheriff’s Office) Present
Secretary/Treasurer Daniel Brennan (Wheat Ridge PD) Present
Member Link Strate (Arvada PD) Present
Member Mike Weege (EFD) Present
Member Bill Kilpatrick (Golden PD) Present
Member Dan McCasky (Lakewood PD) Present
Member Don Lombardi (West Metro Fire) (Proxy Mark Krapf) Not Present
Jeff Streeter-Executive Director
Kathryn Winn-Attorney with Collins, Cockrel and Cole
Nancy Weiss-Community Resource of Colorado
Amparo Garcia-Revolution Advisor
Brian Wilkerson-Revolution Advisor
Jodi Malpass-Operation Manager
Vicki Pickett-Operations Manager
Pat Purdy-IT Director WMFR
Gabrielle Rathfon-Jeffcom HR manager
Amanda Adams- Jeffcom Executive Assistant
III. PUBLIC COMMENT – (Limited to 3 minutes each)
IV. APPROVAL OF RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS
MOTION: It was moved by Link Strate and seconded by Dan McCasky to approve the record of proceedings of the work session for the board of directors dated March 15, 2018.
A. Executive Director Update – Executive Director Jeff Streeter
- All agencies are on the floor. Thank you to the Jeffcom staff, Revolution Advisors, JCECA, West Metro IT staff, and our vendors.
- Day 1 Golden: 911 calls (89) per day and non-emergency calls (138) per day
- Dat 2 JCSO: 911 calls (183) per day and non-emergency calls (974) per day
- Week one: 911 calls (202) per day and non-emergency calls (617) per day
- Week two: 911 calls (360) per day and non-emergency calls (1159) per day
- End of week two: 911 calls (529) per day and non-emergency calls (1482) per day
- Week three: 911 calls (534) per day and non-emergency calls (1642) per day
- We did have some bumps. CenturyLink 911 que alerting was not in place as promised for the first two weeks of cutovers. This has gone into place March 24th. We now only have 2 calls that were on hold for more than 30 seconds.
- The teamwork has been great. They are there to work through problems and help each other out.
- On the morning of Evergreen cut over we had a VM ware issue. Lumen took down the network for about 20 mins. The dispatchers did an outstanding job by adapting to the network being down for a short time.
- We are addressing our schedule to staff at appropriate levels.
- Training is continuing to give these dispatchers the cross training that they need. The supervisors will be helping to utilize an hour or two of time to help with this while they are on the floor. We have 15 or 16 in various levels of training at this time.
- Current staffing: 121 FT employees, 90 are dispatchers, 18 supervisors, 11 are PT. Our goal is to have 118 dispatchers and 18 supervisors to be fully staffed on the floor.
- Our next phase is change management. We are bringing 8 different agencies to work as one group. We will develop a strategy and bring that back to the board mid-May.
- Press releases will be emailed to board members to keep them informed. It’s important to keep everyone updated on the successes that Jeffcom has had thus far.
B. Legal Update – Mrs. Kathryn Winn
- We are finishing up the last Member Service Agreements that are out there. We are transitioning to working more with normal legal and personnel matters.
C. Program Management Report – Ms. Amparo Garcia, Revolution Advisors
- Several of the issues brought up in the last meeting have been resolved.
- The backup center is the next focus that we have. We’ve received radios and antennas. We are looking at electrical work that needs to be done in that building to accommodate the backup center.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
A. The board agreed to bring the board meeting to once a month. A resolution with a revised schedule will be brought to the next board meeting. It’s recommended to have the board meeting set for every 3rd Thursday of the month.
B. JCECA will make a wire transfer to Jeffcom for the 1st quarter after receiving a report from HR.
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
MOTION: There being no further business to be presented it was moved by Dan Brennan and seconded by Mike Weege to adjourn the work session of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:26 am.
Recording Secretary: Amanda Adams- Executive Assistant
This meeting is open to the public.