Regular Meeting Agenda
Jefferson County Communications Center Authority
Board of Directors
March 15, 2018, 9:00 am
433 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. ROLL CALL
President Jon Greer (Arvada Fire) Present
Vice President Jeff Shrader (Jeffco Sheriff’s Office) Present
Secretary/Treasurer Daniel Brennan (Wheat Ridge PD) Present
Member Link Strate (Arvada PD) Present
Member Mike Weege (EFD) Present
Member Bill Kilpatrick (Golden PD) Present
Member Dan McCasky (Lakewood PD) Present
Member Don Lombardi (West Metro Fire) (Proxy Bob Olme) Not Present
Jeff Streeter-Executive Director
Kathryn Winn-Attorney with Collins, Cockrel and Cole
Nancy Weiss-Community Resource of Colorado
Amparo Garcia-Revolution Advisor
Brian Wilkerson-Revolution Advisor
Jodi Malpass-Operation Manager
Vicki Pickett-Operations Manager
Pat Purdy-IT Director WMFR
Gabrielle Rathfon-Jeffcom HR manager
Amanda Adams- Jeffcom Executive Assistant
III. PUBLIC COMMENT – (Limited to 3 minutes each)
IV. APPROVAL OF RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS
MOTION: It was moved by Dan Brennan and seconded by Dan McCasky to approve the record of proceedings of the work session for the board of directors dated March 1, 2018.
A. Financial and Budget Update – (CRS) Community Resource of Colorado Ms. Nancy Weiss
- February Statement and Update on Expenses
- A detailed budget has been presented to better track on what’s being spent. So far, we are tracking just fine on expenses and are still in the positive. There are several categories that we haven’t incurred any expenses yet. As of March 9, there was 1.4 million in the bank account.
B. Executive Director Update – Executive Director Jeff Streeter
- Cutover Update: We had three very successful cut overs this week. We had some minor glitches that were resolved quickly by the staff and vendors. We had to do a lot of testing as we swing the trunks over to make sure calls are coming in. There were some issues switching the Admin calls. But all things considered we got the issues resolved quickly and in a timely manner. The dispatchers are adjusting nicely.
- Arvada Fire, Arvada PD and Wheat Ridge will be cutting over next week.
- State Audit Exemption Form-Board Signatures
- We are exempt from state audit since 2017 expenses were all through JCECA. We have received signatures from the board to get this documentation submitted.
- We would like to provide information to the officers on the street through Lumen. This will help with warrant confirmations. It was negotiated to provide this information to the officers for $7300 and we will budget for this annually at $8000. With the boards permission Jeff Streeter would like to sign this agreement. The interface will be done by April 1st if not sooner.
MOTION: It was moved by Dan Brennan and seconded by Bob Olme to approve the agreement with Lumen and give the director permission to sign for this agreement.
C. Legal Update – Mrs. Kathryn Winn
- No issues or anything for you to approve today.
D. Program Management Report – Mr. Brian Wilkerson, Revolution Advisors
- Our big focus is getting all of our IGAs back.
- We had a couple technology issues with WestNet that we are working through.
- The backup center is coming together. We would like to continue to work through some long term mobile solutions. But if we needed to go to the backup center we will be able to dispatch from there.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
MOTION: There being no further business to be presented it was moved by Dan McCasky and seconded by Bob Olme to adjourn the work session of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:25am.
Recording Secretary: Amanda Adams- Executive Assistant
This meeting is open to the public.