Record of Proceedings
Jefferson County Communications Center Authority
Board of Directors
February 21, 2019, 9:00 am
433 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226
I. CALL TO ORDER
The board meeting of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority (Jeffcom) was called to order by Jeff Shrader at 9:03am. This meeting was held in accordance with the applicable statutes of the state of Colorado, at 433 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood, Colorado.
II. ROLL CALL
President Jon Greer (Arvada Fire) Not Present (Proxy Mike Piper) Present
Vice President Jeff Shrader (Jeffco Sheriff’s Office) Present
Secretary/Treasurer Daniel Brennan (Wheat Ridge PD) Not Present
Member Link Strate (Arvada PD) Present
Member Mike Weege (EFD) Present
Member Bill Kilpatrick (Golden PD) Present
Member Dan McCasky (Lakewood PD) Present
Member Don Lombardi (West Metro Fire) Present
III. PUBLIC COMMENT – (Limited to 3 minutes each)
IV. APPROVAL OF RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS
MOTION: It was moved by and Link Strate seconded by Mike Piper to approve the record of proceedings of the board meeting for January 17, 2019. The motion was voted upon and carried.
A. Financial and Budget Update – (CRS) Community Resource of Colorado Ms. Angie Kelly
• January Financial Statement
- A couple changes were made for invoices that were coded for 2019 but should have been for 2018. Two major invoices went back to 2018. $10,000 in recruiting from ESCI and $12,800 should have been coded to 2018 as well.
- Revenue for 2019 we have all but one payment. We have been on track with JCECA payments. They have all come through according to plan.
- Pro QA has been paid. That is an annual invoice.
- We have started Kansas State bank and West Metro lease payments.
- Employment expenses are on track: 8% year to date.
- So far this year we are trending right around where we need to be. We are at 5% of the year’s expenses.
- We are scheduled to do an audit for the end April.
B. Executive Director Update – Executive Director Jeff Streeter
- Backup Center Update
- We’ve got all the hardware in. The supervisors have been getting down there to work through the process of setting up a console in the event of an emergency. Then we will start having the Emergency Communications Specialists (ECS) do training on this as well.
- Hiring Update
- We have another class starting March 4th. That class has 7 people in it. Bringing our numbers to 107 ECS. We have another academy April 22nd with 5 people in this class. This will bring our numbers close to 100% staffed.
- We are working hard on cross training to get employees trained on Law or Fire dispatch channels.
- We did have 3 that resigned in January and moved to other jobs.
- The annual report has been sent out. We are currently in the process of hiring a Data Analyst to help with a more extensive annual reports to get you the information that you need.
- The Pool Insurance has named Jeffcom as #1 on the most active district in terms of training. The staff at Jeffcom are committed to making this the best environment.
C. Legal Update – Ms. Allison Ulmer
- We don’t have anything to report on this month.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
A. Executive session Pursuant to §24-6-402(4)(e), C.R.S., for determining negotiation positions, developing strategies for negotiations and instructing negotiators related to 2019 Authority Member funding obligations.
MOTION: At approximately 9:12am it was moved by Dan McCasky and seconded by Link Strate to move into executive session pursuant to §24-6-402(4)(e), C.R.S., for determining negotiation positions, developing strategies for negotiations and instructing negotiators related to 2019 Authority Member funding obligations. The motion was voted upon and carried.
MOTION: At approximately 9:25am it was moved by Mike Weege and seconded by Mike Piper to reconvene the regular meeting of the Jefferson County Emergency Communications Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
MOTION: There being no further business to be presented it was moved by Don Lombardi and seconded by Mike Weege to adjourn the board meeting of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:27am.
This meeting is open to the public.