Record of Proceedings
Jefferson County Communications Center Authority
Board of Directors
December 20, 2018, 9:00 am
433 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226
I. CALL TO ORDER
The board meeting of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority (Jeffcom) was called to order by Jeff Shrader at 9:03am. This meeting was held in accordance with the applicable statutes of the state of Colorado, at 433 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood, Colorado.
II. ROLL CALL
President Jon Greer (Arvada Fire) Not Present (Proxy Mike Piper) Present
Vice President Jeff Shrader (Jeffco Sheriff’s Office) Present
Secretary/Treasurer Daniel Brennan (Wheat Ridge PD) Present
Member Link Strate (Arvada PD) Present
Member Mike Weege (EFD) Present
Member Bill Kilpatrick (Golden PD) Present
Member Dan McCasky (Lakewood PD) Present
Member Don Lombardi (West Metro Fire) Present
III. PUBLIC COMMENT – (Limited to 3 minutes each)
IV. APPROVAL OF RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS
MOTION: It was moved by and Dan Brennan seconded by Dan McCasky to approve the record of proceedings of the board meeting for November 15, 2018. The motion was voted upon and carried.
A. Financial and Budget Update – (CRS) Community Resource of Colorado Ms. Angie Kelly
- November Statement and Update on Expenses
- 2019 Draft Budget for Approval
- We were waiting on the JCECA contribution. The next 3 years have been projected out. User fees have been recalculated based on data collected by Jeffcom this year.
- Not a lot has changed with Consultants, Dues and Memberships.
- Software: ProQA went down and we reallocated that into the training.
- Hardware: we have a couple one-time expenditures that will be in 2019 that won’t be in following years. We increased the console cleaning to have that done twice a year.
- Employment Expenses: Tuition reimbursement is still allocated for 2019. As well as CALEA if we want to move forward with accreditation this coming year.
- Training did jump up because we moved the Priority Dispatch expenses into this line item.
- $15,000 was put in the capital budget for 2019.
- An operating contingency of $400,000 is included.
- We did do another $100,000 transferred to our reserve funds.
- Public Hearing on 2019 Budget No comment from the public.
- Resolution 2018-10 to Adopt 2019 Budget
MOTION: It was moved by Dan Brennan and seconded by Don Lombardi to approve the 2018-10 resolution to adopt the 2019 budget. The motion was voted upon and carried.
B. Executive Director Update – Executive Director Jeff Streeter
- The 11 new Jeffcom employees were introduced to the Board of Directors.
- Hiring: we have 102 dispatchers and 16 supervisors for a total of 118 staff and we need 136. There are 8 people in backgrounds for the January 14th orientation. In January we will begin the hiring process for a March 4th academy.
- The Board approved ESCI to come and do a survey with our staff. They have conducted the focus groups a couple weeks ago. They should have a report to us by the end of January based on the input from employees.
- Deputy Director Position: We have met and interviewed and have 5 final candidates. These interviews will be going on January 7th. We would like to make a decision on this position by mid-January.
C. Legal Update – Mr. Robert Cole, Esq.
- Resolution 2018-11 Employee Handbook Revision
- Jeff Streeter presented the Handbook edits that were done for the revision. The Employee Enrichment Planning Team helped to provide, after much research, a new PTO plan. This is comparable to the other agencies that are in the Denver area.
- This Employee Enrichment Planning Team met weekly for 3 months to compare data from comparable agencies in proximity and size.
- MOTION: It was moved by Dan McCasky and seconded by Link Strate to approve the 2018-11 resolution of the Employee Handbook Revision. The motion was voted upon and carried.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
A. Pursuant to §24-6-402(4)(e), C.R.S., for determining negotiation positions, developing strategies for negotiations and instructing negotiators related to 2019 Authority Member funding obligations.
MOTION: At approximately 9:25am it was moved by Don Lombardi and seconded by Dan Brennan to move into Executive Session pursuant to §24-6-402(4)(e), C.R.S., for determining negotiation positions, developing strategies for negotiations and instructing negotiators related to 2019 Authority Member funding obligations. As well as, 402 (b) legal advice on employment matters and 402 (f) personnel matters related to the Executive Director who has consented to the executive session. The motion was voted upon and carried.
MOTION: At approximately 10:49am it was moved by Dan McCasky and seconded by Mike Weege to reconvene the regular meeting of the Jefferson County Emergency Communications Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
MOTION: There being no further business to be presented it was moved by Mike Weege and seconded by Dan McCasky to adjourn the board meeting of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:50am.
This meeting is open to the public.