Regular Meeting Agenda
Jefferson County Communications Center Authority
Board of Directors
January 18, 2018, 9:00 am
433 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226
I. CALL TO ORDER
The board meeting of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority (Jeffcom) was called to order by Jon Greer at 9:00 a.m. This meeting was held in accordance with the applicable statutes of the state of Colorado, at 433 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood, Colorado.
II. ROLL CALL
President Jon Greer (Arvada Fire) Present
Vice President Jeff Shrader (Jeffco Sheriff’s Office) Present
Secretary/Treasurer Daniel Brennan (Wheat Ridge PD) (Proxy Dave Pickett) Not Present
Member Link Strate (Arvada PD) Present
Member Mike Weege (EFD) Present
Member Bill Kilpatrick (Golden PD) Present
Member Dan McCasky (Lakewood PD) Present
Member Don Lombardi (West Metro Fire) Present
Jeff Streeter-Executive Director
Kathryn Winn-Attorney with Collins, Cockrel and Cole
Nancy Weiss-Community Resource of Colorado
Amparo Garcia-Revolution Advisor
Brian Wilkerson-Revolution Advisor
Jodi Malpass-Operation Manager
Vicki Pickett-Operations Manager
Pat Purdy-IT Director WMFR
Gabrielle Rathfon-Jeffcom HR manager
Amanda Adams- Jeffcom Executive Assistant
III. PUBLIC COMMENT – None
IV. APPROVAL OF RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS
MOTION: It was moved by Don Lombardi and seconded by Dan McCasky to approve the record of proceedings of the work session for the board of directors dated January 4, 2018.
A. Financial and Budget Update – (CRS) Community Resource of Colorado Ms. Angie Kelly
- Liability Insurance- We got quotes from two different companies. We decided to go with Pool since there is a much better rate for worker’s compensation. We do also get better coverage with them for liability insurance. We determined that a $25,000 deductible would be a good selection for liability insurance since this is per case. There is $5,000 on property which would bring it to a total of $29,000.
- Workers Compensation- The worker’s comp with the Pool has a 2 million employer’s liability. You have no deductible with claims brought against Jeffcom. The Pool will have some additional savings that we would qualify for in the coming year. Workers Compensation insurance has already been initiated and paid for the year.
MOTION: It was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Don Lombardi to approve the Workers Compensation and Liability Insurance policies as presented.
- Nancy Weiss updated the board on the YTD spreadsheet for 2017. We are nearing the maximum on our budget. We will have an additional ask from JCECA for $467,843 to pay remaining 2017 invoices.
B. Executive Director Update – Executive Director Jeff Streeter
- Media plan presentation and discussion-Ground Floor Media
- After discussing the best course of action when it came to a media plan the following was decided: A media packet with a press release will go out the week of February 5th. PIOs will be provided a media packet to help with a unified message. A larger media release will be done after all agencies have cut over and we are fully operational.
- We have opened enrollment for Lakewood and Arvada PD.
C. Legal Update – Mrs. Kathryn Winn
- Evergreen Fire has a new alternate. Dave Montesi was sworn in as an alternate board member for Evergreen. Jon Greer administered the oath.
- Certificates of Appointments were sent to the different agencies for signatures.
- We are currently working on the financial policies. The goal is to get Jeff Streeter and CRS together to go through them in the next week and bring them back at the February meeting.
D. Program Management Report – Mr. Brian Wilkerson, Revolution Advisors
- We are within a 30-day window of going live. So, we are in the details of what needs to be done. This info will be distributed to the 3 agencies are cutting over first.
- Some last-minute requirements come up from CenturyLink. We are working to make sure these things get put into place before going live.
- Member Service Agreements need to get done before we start transitioning people.
- One risk we’ve identified is the radio installation of the radio solution for the mountain agencies. We are working with the radio shops and they are helping to get this installed. We are getting quotes for the equipment that’s needed and put in an expense request to JCECA and get it installed. This will be done before the last transition takes place.
E. IT Update – Mr. Pat Purdy
- All projects are moving along smoothly. We are finalizing a fiber network. We have a solution that will get us through testing with CentruyLink and AirBus.
- Vicki Pickett- There are some issues w/ NICE. There must be an agreement about what the information in NICE can be used for on the Jeffcom side. It can either be a letter of agreement or a service level agreement. Language has already been developed for this.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
- Training is currently taking place on CAD.
- Staffing update- The ECS position is paused. There are 10 or more candidates going through Criticall testing and 12 candidates in oral boards. There is one new hire that will start February 5th. Total of 27 candidates in process.
- We did watch and shift selection. We are at 105 and we needed to be around 136 total (including supervisors).
- We do have part time employees. They are hired and on our payroll. They will transition over with their agency.
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
MOTION: There being no further business to be presented it was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Mike Weege to adjourn the work session of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:06am.
Recording Secretary: Amanda Adams- Executive Assistant
This meeting is open to the public.