Record of Proceedings
Jefferson County Communications Center Authority
Board of Directors
January 17, 2019, 9:00 am
433 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226
I. CALL TO ORDER
The board meeting of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority (Jeffcom) was called to order by Jeff Shrader at 9:03am. This meeting was held in accordance with the applicable statutes of the state of Colorado, at 433 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood, Colorado.
II. ROLL CALL
President Jon Greer (Arvada Fire) Present
Vice President Jeff Shrader (Jeffco Sheriff’s Office) Present
Secretary/Treasurer Daniel Brennan (Wheat Ridge PD) Present
Member Link Strate (Arvada PD) Present
Member Mike Weege (EFD) Present
Member Bill Kilpatrick (Golden PD) Present
Member Dan McCasky (Lakewood PD) Not Present (Proxy Ed Loar) Present
Member Don Lombardi (West Metro Fire) Present
III. PUBLIC COMMENT – (Limited to 3 minutes each)
IV. APPROVAL OF RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS
MOTION: It was moved by and Jeff Shrader seconded by Dan Brennan to approve the record of proceedings of the board meeting for December 20, 2018. The motion was voted upon and carried.
A. Financial and Budget Update – (CRS) Community Resource of Colorado Ms. Angie Kelly
• December Statement and Update on Expenses
- We have most of the invoices accounted for in 2018. We will bring you a final December budget in February. And show where the final forecast landed.
- The ESRI line item is high because we had a little extra in the Software line total. It has increased capabilities for Jeffcom to provide information to all the agencies.
- Meetings and Office Expenses-We did some work on the website to update that. It’s reflected in this line item.
- We are at 96% operationally. We won’t see a huge difference in this.
- Employment- Total salaries are at 78%. Total employment expenses are at 81%. Operation and employment expenditures are at 83%.
- With capital, total expenditures is at 74%.
- Ending fund balance is $360,000. Your cash position as of January 11th (doesn’t reflect the JCECA payment), is 2.1 million.
B. Executive Director Update – Executive Director Jeff Streeter
- Hiring Update
- We have 104 dispatchers at this time.
- The Deputy Director position was filled last week. We just appointed Michael Brewer as our Deputy Director. He will begin on February 4th.
C. Legal Update – Mr. Robert Cole, Esq.
- Resolution 2019-01 Amending 2018 Employee Handbook
- We have a resolution just addressing some minor changes in the Handbook. We have added a section 4 to this resolution that addresses military leave.
MOTION: It was moved by Jeff Shrader and Seconded by Dan Brennan to approve the 2019-01 resolution amending the 2018 Employee Handbook. The motion was voted upon and carried.
VI. OLD BUSINESS
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
A. Executive session pursuant the Section 24-6-402(4)(b), C.R.S. to confer with the Authority’s legal counsel for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions related to a proposal for union recognition.
MOTION: At approximately 9:18am it was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Don Lombardi to move into executive session pursuant the Section 24-6-402(4)(b), C.R.S. to confer with the Authority’s legal counsel for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions related to a proposal for union recognition. The motion was voted upon and carried.
MOTION: At approximately 9:25 it was moved by Dan Brennan and seconded by Jeff Shrader to reconvene the regular meeting of the Jefferson County Emergency Communications Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
MOTION: There being no further business to be presented it was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Dan Brennan to adjourn the board meeting of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:26am.
This meeting is open to the public.