Jefferson County Communications Center Authority
Jeffcom is a newly consolidated communications center serving as a vital link between emergency services and the community in Jefferson County. Jeffcom works with local fire, police and emergency medical service providers to dispatch the appropriate emergency responders, as well as to provide support for public safety education.
- This new communications center utilizes the latest technology to provide efficient and safe responses, as well as excellent service to hundreds of thousands of residents in Jefferson County.
- Residents won’t have to do anything new or different when faced with an emergency situation. Simply dial 9-1-1 for emergencies, and the same non-emergency phone numbers will remain in effect.
- While Jeffcom will provide efficiencies for communities and residents, it does not replace important programs like Smart911, CodeRed and Text-to-911 that are already in place. These programs work together to provide every possible method to help those in need.
Jeffcom 911 consists of eight member agencies, including:
- Arvada Fire Protection District
- Arvada Police Department
- Evergreen Fire Protection District
- Golden Police & Fire Department
- Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office
- Lakewood Police Department
- West Metro Fire Protection District
- Wheat Ridge Police Department
Some of these member agencies also provide support to the following:
- Colorado School of Mines Police Department
- Edgewater Police Department
- Elk Creek Fire Protection District
- Fairmount Fire Protection District
- Genesee Fire Protection District
- Golden Gate Fire Department
- Highlands Rescue Team Ambulance District
- Indian Hills Fire Protection District
- Inter-Canyon Fire Protection District
- Lakeside Police Department
- Morrison Police Department
- Mountain View Police Department
- North Fork Fire Protection District