Regular Meeting Agenda
Jefferson County Communications Center Authority
Board of Directors
December 21, 2017, 9:00 am
433 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood, CO 80226
I. CALL TO ORDER
The board meeting of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority (Jeffcom) was called to order by Jon Greer at 9:02 a.m. This meeting was held in accordance with the applicable statutes of the state of Colorado, at 433 S. Allison Parkway, Lakewood, Colorado.
II. ROLL CALL
President Jon Greer (Arvada Fire) Present
Vice President Jeff Shrader (Jeffco Sheriff’s Office) Present
Secretary/Treasurer Daniel Brennan (Wheat Ridge PD) Present
Member Link Strate (Arvada PD) Not Present
Member Mike Weege (EFD) Present
Member Bill Kilpatrick (Golden PD) Present
Member Dan McCasky (Lakewood PD) Present
Member Don Lombardi (West Metro Fire) (Proxy Mark Krapf) Present
Jeff Streeter-Executive Director
Kathryn Winn-Attorney with Collins, Cockrel and Cole
Nancy Weiss-Community Resource of Colorado
Amparo Garcia-Revolution Advisor
Brian Wilkerson-Revolution Advisor
Jodi Malpass-Operation Manager
Vicki Pickett-Operations Manager
Pat Purdy-IT Director WMFR
Gabrielle Rathfon-Jeffcom HR manager
Amanda Adams- Jeffcom Executive Assistant
III. PUBLIC COMMENT – None
IV. APPROVAL OF RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS
MOTION: It was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Dan Brennan to approve the record of proceedings of the work session for the board of directors dated December 7, 2017.
A. Financial and Budget Update – (CRS) Community Resource of Colorado Ms. Angie Kelly
- Update on 2017 YTD Expenses- Nancy Weiss
- Total YTD that has been spent is 5.8 million. We are still under the 5.9 budget.
- The member agencies will receive wire instructions on how to pay their contributions.
- If needed, there will be an ask from JCECA for an additional 610,000.
B. Executive Director Update – Executive Director Jeff Streeter
1. Employee Handbook Approval
- The handbook has been reviewed by HR, Legal and several others. Jeff Shrader asked that there be a transition definition under the Seniority section of the handbook.
- The Employee Handbook will be sent to transitioning employees prior to January 1st.
MOTION: It was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Dan Brennan to approve the proposed Employee Handbook. The motion was voted upon and carried. Dan Brennan proposed an amendment that the board approve the Employee Handbook in its current status but make it clear to the employee that there are still some things that need to be modified. The motion was voted upon and carried.
2. Board Meeting Dates for 2018
- The board meeting dates for 2018 were presented for review. There will be a resolution in January to approve these dates.
3. We have received transition agreements from many the service user agencies. Still awaiting the Member Service Agreements from member agencies.
4. Jeffcom has contracted Ground Floor Media to do our marketing for us. We now have a plan to market Jeffcom as we move forward. The board will have a plan and presentation at the January meeting. JCECA is helping fund this.
C. Legal Update – Mrs. Kathryn Winn
- Resolution Designating the Official Custodian of Records and Adopting a Policy on Responding to Open Records Requests (Resolution 2017-04) – Review & Approval
MOTION: It was moved by Dan Brennan and seconded by Dan McCasky to approve the resolution as presented. The motion was voted upon and carried.
2. Resolution Adopting the Colorado Special District Records Management Manual and Schedule No. 03 of the Colorado Sheriff’s Record Retention Schedule, with Modifications (Resolution 2017-05) – Review & Approval This resolution reflects what we discussed at the last board meeting.
MOTION: It was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Dan McCasky to approve the resolution as presented. The motion was voted upon and carried.
3. Board Bylaws – Review & Discussion
- Jon Greer requested that the language in the IGA match the by-laws to reflect that the board will meet the 1st and 3rd of every month.
- Jon Greer requested that we stay consistent with the name of this document.
- Jon Greer requested that the by-laws state that there may be an HR update. This allows us to not have to require one at every board meeting.
- Jon Greer requested that the by-laws reflect where the agenda and minutes will be located after the meetings.
- If there are funds left over in the 4th quarter the member contributions may be reduced. The contributions will be reduced for the following year not just that quarter.
- In Section 9 (B), Dan Brennan requested that the “finance director” be changed to Executive Director and his designees.
- The budget calendar in section I of the by-laws will be changed to reflect a calendar that reads: August-preliminary budget, October-proposed budget and Budget approval no later than December 15th.
- The legal opinion that Bob Cole wrote regarding not expending more than is appropriate will be included in the by-laws as well.
D. Program Management Report – Mr. Brian Wilkerson, Revolution Advisors
- We have been working through Highlands Rescue and Foothills Fire agreement. That will be done by Jan. 1st.
- We are working on the backup center starting Jan. 1st. We have the funds in place for this.
- We are working on finalizing radio support agreements and getting that to the board.
E. IT Update – Mr. Pat Purdy
- Jeff Streeter updated for Pat Purdy. We are working through the infrastructure on cameras, alarms, etc.
- The JFON diversity will be tied into the West Metro building 12/22/17.
- Jan. 8th JFON will be turning the project over to Venture Tech. Venture Tech will manage the diversity network. It is all on track.
F. Human Resources Update – Ms. Gabrielle Rathfon
VI. OLD BUSINESS
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
A. Executive Session pursuant to C.R.S. 24-6-402(4)(b) and (e), C.R.S. for advice of legal counsel & negotiations related to 2017 employee benefits discussion and direction on employee seniority.
MOTION: At approximately 9:40 it was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Dan Brennan to move into Executive Session. The motion was voted upon and carried.
MOTION: At approximately 10:45 it was moved by Dan Brennan and seconded by Jeff Shrader to reconvene the work session of the Jefferson County Emergency Communications Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
MOTION: It was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Dan Brennan that the Employee Handbook be modified to include seniority of the transition employees to be drafted by the Executive Director with the confirmation by the Board President and will be immediately applicable for all employees. That would include that seniority is calculated based upon prior dispatch service at a Jefferson County agency that any separation of service greater than 1 year will not count toward any seniority. Part Time employees will be credited 1 year of service for 2 years of Part Time duty. The motion was voted upon and carried.
MOTION: There being no further business to be presented it was moved by Jeff Shrader and seconded by Dan Brennan to adjourn the work session of the Jefferson County Communications Center Authority board of directors. The motion was voted upon and carried.
Meeting was adjourned 10:55am.
This meeting is open to the public.